Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Woburn House & Gardens

A couple of weeks ago I needed to make some returns to IKEA, which is about 1.5 hours away (totally worth the drive though!). Since I wasn't actually shopping at IKEA this time, I figured I should make the trip a little more worthwhile and do something new/different on my way home. I plugged in my GPS and selected the closest tourist attraction to IKEA, which was Woburn House and Gardens. It was getting close to the end of the day so I only paid for the gardens entry, which was a good thing - I ended up spending a lot of time there!

The grounds for this "house" were HUGE, I had to drive 2 miles from the ticket point to the car park and gardens! The grounds are also a deer reserve, so there were deer along the way, as well as a ton of them right across from the gardens. It was crazy to see so many close up, and just roaming free!

The gardens themselves were beautiful, and so peaceful. It was a rainy day (as always), so I had the place mostly to myself. There were a couple of little "lakes", and tons of statues as well. It was definitely worth the little detour from IKEA! :) 

Deer reserve

Glasses sculpture

I loved this one :)



It's hard to take pictures when I'm by myself, luckily there weren't too many people around to witness my self picture taking. There was lots of running back and forth from the camera after I set it on self-timer!

2 comments:

  1. You're so funny Courtney... your self-portrait looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It looks so picturesque (however you spell it)!

    ReplyDelete