Friday, January 6, 2012

Dickens Christmas Market

Shannon and I took a day trip to Rochester England for the Dickens Christmas Market. Apparently Rochester was the inspiration for a lot of Dickens' work, so there are places around the city that commemorate that, along with the Christmas Market. It was the first market I've been to, and it was awesome! There were people around dressed up in Dickens period clothing, or characters from his books. There was fake snow, lots of food, crafts and shopping! I had all of my Christmas shopping done, so I was just enjoying the experience, but I did manage to find a Christmas ornament to personalize for me and Thomas. Afterwards we found an American diner - it was delicious and authentic! :)

Christmas carolers

They looked prettier than they tasted ;)
Beautiful city



We found an American diner afterwards - I got a chocolate milkshake, YUM!
Our new ornament :)

No comments:

Post a Comment